Monday, November 10, 2014

Healthy Banana-Coconut Muffins

Over this past weekend I was in the mood for a sweet treat, yet I didnt want to go crazy with the sugar because I have been endulging on the remains of my halloween candy. I wanted something that was quick and easy to make. After looking through my food pantry I finally came up with a recipe for a delicious and semi-healthy treat that my whole family loved!

Ingredients:
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-11/2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/4  teaspoon sea salt
-1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
-1 cup mashed bananas (2 medium-sized)
-1/4 cup honey
-2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
-2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Greases a muffin tin or line with muffine liners.

2. In a medium bowl, wisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and shredded coconut.

3. In a separate, medium bowl, wisk together the coconnut oil, mashed banana, honey, egg, and vanilla.

4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.

5. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, then sprinkle the muffin tops woth a little bit of shredded coconut, and/or some cinnamon.

6. Bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centr comes out clean. Transfer muffins to cooling rack and let them cool for at least 5 minutes.



Because the is a simple recipe, you can add different ingredients based on how you like it. After I shared this recipe with ine of my friends, she decided to add walnuts and raisons, which added more of a crunch and it made them sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment