Over this past weekend I was in the mood for a sweet treat, yet I didnt want to go crazy with the sugar because I have been endulging on the remains of my halloween candy. I wanted something that was quick and easy to make. After looking through my food pantry I finally came up with a recipe for a delicious and semi-healthy treat that my whole family loved!
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-11/2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
-1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
-1 cup mashed bananas (2 medium-sized)
-1/4 cup honey
-2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
-2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Greases a muffin tin or line with muffine liners.
2. In a medium bowl, wisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and shredded coconut.
3. In a separate, medium bowl, wisk together the coconnut oil, mashed banana, honey, egg, and vanilla.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, then sprinkle the muffin tops woth a little bit of shredded coconut, and/or some cinnamon.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centr comes out clean. Transfer muffins to cooling rack and let them cool for at least 5 minutes.
Because the is a simple recipe, you can add different ingredients based on how you like it. After I shared this recipe with ine of my friends, she decided to add walnuts and raisons, which added more of a crunch and it made them sweeter.
Thursday, August 7, 2014
Corn, Corn, Corn! As you could probably tell, I'm obsessed with it! It is so delicious and it has amazing benefits for your health! I prefer to season it with just a little bit of salt, pepper, and butter. After that I wrap it in tinfoil and grill it for about 10 minutes (rotate while grilling). It comes out so crunchy and perfectly seasoned that the juices melt in your mouth and give you that savory satisfaction! Just writing this is making me in the mood for corn :)
Monday, August 4, 2014
Recently I've been nominated for The Liebster Award by Emily London (http://emilyldn.blogspot.com/?m=1)! Thanks so much, it's nice to get a nomination and get noticed!
So here are the rules...
You must answer all questions that are given to you
Must link back to the person that nominated you
Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
Provide nominees with 11 questions of your choice
Cannot nominate the person who nominated you
Must inform nominees of your nomination
Provide nominees with a link to your post for more info
Here are the questions I was asked & My answers:
1.what made you want to start your own blog?
I've always had a passion for traveling and boats, so I wanted to share my love with people around the world!
2. What is your best beauty tip?
If you apply liquid foundation to your face with a brush, then make sure you swirl the brush over your pores and it will make them appear much smaller that they actually are!
3. What is your favorite lip color to wear?
I don't really wear much makeup, but occasionally I wear Baby Lips by Maybelline (in the light pink shade).
4. What is your favorite alcoholic or nonalcoholic drink?
Well because I don't drink, is have to say that my favorite nonalcoholic drink would defiantly have to be a fresh mango smoothie! (And I'm really in the mood for one now :)
5. Do you own/wear hair extensions?
I do not own or wear hair extensions.
6. Favorite drugstore brand?
Almay and maybelline!!
7. What is your favorite perfume?
The honey scented Marc by Marc Jacobs perfume
8. Describe what makeup you would wear on a date
If I was going on a date in the daytime, then I'd wear mostly natural eye makeup and for the night time I'd wear sort of a smokey-eye look
9. What color is your bedroom decorated?
Green and purple :)
10. What was the best place you visited on vacation?
11. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
I have both a brother and a sister!
Here are my nominations...
4. Lottie's Life
5. My little world ♥
7. Arthur's Army
8.The Fashion Ramblings
9.wonderful little world
11. Daisy Queen
Please answer the questions below!:
1.what is your favorite part about blogging?
2. How long have you been blogging for?
3.do you see yourself blogging in the future or is this just a faze in life?
4. What are your hobbies?
5. Online shopping, real stores, or not shopping at all?
6. Favorite meal?
7. What have you been doing this summer?
8. What is your job?
9. Favorite color?
10. Do you have any siblings?
11. Do you own/ have you ever owned any pets?
(These question are kind of random- lol)
Saturday, August 2, 2014
As you can probably tell by the title, I made this sandwhich (mostly) from leftovers. I started out with my favorite (toasted) multigrain bread and instead of using mayo, I took the healthier route and spread avacado on the 2 pieces. From there, I placed a piece of breaded pork-chop, which was included in my dinner from the night before. Next, I added fresh mozzarella from a leftover cheese platter that was in my fridge; and to top it all off I put on a piece of lettuce which I took from a salad I made the day before. Although this picture may not look appealing, this was one of the BEST sandwhich es im have ever made! (And I have made. A LOT)
Friday, August 1, 2014
To add in to the cuisine portion of my blog... Today I visited one of my favorite vineyards in the hamptons, Wolfer Estates, with my family. Although I don't drink, I still enjoyed myself with a nice glass of non-alcoholic wine (a fancy name for grape juice) and I ate some scrumptious hors d'oeuvres! This was a great way to end my first week of daily blogging!
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
I ordered this delicious meal at a little resaurant on the harbour in Newport, Rhode Island. Since it is on the water, I decided get in the nautical spirit and add a filet of fish to my meal! Not only does salmon provide you with a large amount of proteins and healthy fats, but it benefits your nails, hair, and skin!